I had a full day, which started with sitting in the sun eating cinnamon buns and drinking coffee with my roommate, and ended with the creation of this blog. In between, I drove around in a borrowed minivan, tried on a pink and orange shirt (which I did not buy) and fell in love with a bicycle (which I did buy). Ate some pizza. Worked on an essay. Talked to my beloved on the phone. Searched the web for images of Che Guevara to win a discussion over whether he had a moustache, or a beard. Scraggly beard, I was right.Have spent the last hour trying to decide if I wanted to start a blog or not, but I have been inspired by two good friends who recently started writing for all the world to see. I love reading about their lives. I feel so connected to them, especially to my dear friend Tracy, who is so far away. So, this is for her, and for my other long-distance friends and family. We'll see how it goes.
Who am I? I am a prairie girl... er... woman, budding feminist, student, gardener, girlfriend, daughter, lousy but enthusiastic soccer player, bookworm, sister, cat mama, environmentalist, auntie, walker, writer, friend, animal lover, rooter for the underdog, and (once the snow disappears) bike rider. Who are you?
4 comments:
I am Mama D! So exciting that you started a blog. I'm so glad. I really hope you'll enjoy it. You are a fabulous writer so I am sure everyone will enjoy it very much! It the bike picture, the picture of the bike you bought?? It is NICE! Email me the details!!
To mama d: That is the bike I bought. I'll ride it over for a visit as soon as it arrives AND the snow disappears.
To hecate: Don't worry, the postcards will keep coming!
I am the beloved spoken of in the first posting. Yes, I lost the Che debate. Not the first one I've lost either! But I do win a few too. "Auntie" is spelled with an "n" my darling. Keep those typos coming! Hee hee.
I know I am commenting late on this - but couldn't for some reason do it from the home computer. I am so happy I will be seeing your voice more regularly! You write beautifully - it is a gift you should be sharing. Love u.
Post a Comment