Monday, February 12, 2007

teenage fantasy

Looking back, the 80s were so embarrassing, which makes me thankful for two things. First, after a disastrous perm in junior high, I vowed never to get another one and was therefore unable to achieve the incredible heights that defined 80s hair. Okay, ya, I sported an asymmetrical bob, but that's another story. Besides, they're back in right now.

Second, while I indulged in listening to my share of terrible music, the band that I loved in the way that only teenage girls can was The Police. And they have not only held up, they've announced a reunion tour.

I am so there!

Seriously giddy like you wouldn't believe. A plan is in place. Karen, myself, and our significant others will all try to get tickets. The best seats are the ones we use, the others get sold. As Karen said, she feels like she's in grade 8 again, except with money. And no parents telling us we can't take the bus into Winnipeg (since we were too young to drive) to see a concert at the Arena on our own. Hurray! Though looking back, mom, I can see why you said no.

Convocation in on May 26th. The Police play in Vancouver on May 28th. Anyone planning to get me a grad gift (no pressure), let me just say that the best gift of all will be celebrating like it's 1983, and I'm not afraid to break the bank to do it. Please address all donations to the charitable foundation I'll be setting up. Details to follow. :]

5 comments:

Tracy said...

you know you and karen were totally on my mind this a.m. when the announcement was made. (no l.a. date - go figure?!) so i request a cd from you - your favorites please. in no particular order. (did you know karen gave me a perm in her garage. another story too...)

this single spark said...

oh no! how horrible was it? i shudder to think... and you with natural curls even.

cd request will be fulfilled asap!

Mama D said...

I saw a clip of the performance on the Grammys. Sting was all pumped up and stuff. Show off.

this single spark said...

Got tickets! Woohoo!

Karen joined the fan club so we could buy early... and glad we did, because the $225 seats are gone. At least we aren't in the $59 seats...

So pumped!

Anonymous said...

Of course, with the fan club membership, it also means that we have a Police lithograph coming our way. Maybe we can auction it off to the highest bidder...!

As for the perms, I think we are all grateful I gave hairdressing a miss as a career. I'm not sure any of you should have allowed me near curlers, much less toxic perm solutions!!