Have been smacked upside the head with ANOTHER terrible cold. Feel like I've been sick constantly since October, which is pretty much the case. Cold in October that lasted until the third week in November. Cold in December, followed by a norovirus over Christmas. Followed by another cold in January. Followed by this one. As of today, I've used up my sick time for the year.
So why am I blogging and not in bed? Just waiting for my ginger tea to steep, and felt like complaining to anyone who would listen.
In other news, the crappy and small houses that we looked at last week went for $162,500 for Minto and $192,00 for Dudley. O hasn't given up yet, but I'm starting to think that despite two incomes and a decent down payment, we are not able to afford a house in Winnipeg. Which is crazy. And depressing. Looking at two this Friday, but they are similar to the two mentioned above in size and area, so we're basically out of the running before we even start.
On top of the house hunting, my old job in Brandon is available again. Had to think really hard about whether I wanted to run back home. O is definitely the only thing keeping me here. Major regrets about leaving in the first place. But sticking it out here for a while. Going to a food conference on Friday and Saturday, so hopefully will be able to hook up with some community garden people and at least have a place to plant since it looks like I'll be stuck in an apartment for the foreseeable future. Bummer.
3 comments:
Be strong! At some point, someone's going to put the perfect house for you guys on the market. And for some reason, no one else will know about it. And the price will be right, the move-in date will be sane, and the cleaning will be minimal.
Hope your ginger tea made you feel better. :-)
hugs to you my friend. it took us almost a year for "the right house" to come along. and it really found us. it will happen.
the conference sounds great. like-minded inviduals will be found. your cold will pass, and spring will come! i promise. xo
HI Cat:
I am with Tracy.
The conference sounds interesting.
Will call you soon
xoxoxox
Post a Comment