Sunday, July 20, 2008

6th annual girls camping weekend

Last weekend, 3 of my girlfriends and I headed to Hecla/Grindstone Provincial Park. For whatever reason, we went with a cabin this year rather than a tent or yurt. All I can say is, damn good thing! The weather was, um, dramatic. Gale force winds coming off the lake, off-and-on torrential rain, high of 14C. Four trees went down around our cabin. The power was out for 14 hours, which not only meant no lights and no stove, it also meant no washrooms or water as the pumps don't work without electricity.

Fortunately, we were prepared for anything...
I would have taken some shots of the vast amount of food we also had, but unfortunately, my camera battery died after one picture. Okay, maybe not that prepared.

This weekend, it was O's turn to rip is up. In better weather, thankfully. He was at Clear Lake for two days of golf, poker and too much beer with the guys from his hockey team.

I stayed home and behaved virtuously. Got to bed in good time, ate well, worked in the garden, went for bike rides, a run, did yoga. Cleaned the house. Wore sunscreen. Flossed. Oh ya, good times.

This week, we're Fringe-ing it. Then heading to Brandon on the weekend for Folk Fest and my birthday celebration. There will be cake.

5 comments:

Elliot said...

You're going to be at Brandon Folk Fest? Us too!! :-)

this single spark said...

No way! Not so strange for me, considering I'm from Brandon, but what the heck are you doing there?!? Looking forward to seeing you... maybe we can all hippie dance together. :]

Elliot said...

We just heard it was good! We've never been before, but friends have, and they liked it.

We're camping. Any idea if there's showers and stuff available for the campers?

Kana said...

Wild Thang......

Mama D said...

Oh for goodness sake! Why don't I know when your birthday is? Happy Birthday!! I wish I could have celebrated with you! You will have to tell me when it actually is so I can write it down.

And it was so nice to see you, even if for a short while and I still LOVE your gift!!!