Wednesday, August 13, 2008

What I'm doing on my summer vacation - Culture Overload!

We started our Tuesday with the most Vancouver thing possible... a walk/run on the sea wall. Followed by another amazing breakfast courtesy of Karen, then off to see Brideshead Revisited. Movie review in a nutshell... first half great, second half thin, looked gorgeous, overall far too long.

This was followed by a walk through the Ayden Gallery, a pop-surrealist/graffiti/urban art gallery, where I became smitten with a painting called "Red Cap." Karen and the owner bartered, so we're heading back there today to pick it up for a good price, and no tax if I pay cash.

Then a walk to Cafe Artigiano for the most amazing coffe in the world. The Spanish Latte... espresso, steamed milk and condensed milk. I got the largest cup possible and savoured it.

And finally, to the Vancouver Art Gallery, for donation night (aka cheap night), where we took in some amazing art, became completely overwhelmed by the Anime exhibit, and saw a live mouse in the gift shop.

Evening was another round of tapas and Little Britain.

Today... having dinner with my old friend Andrea, and getting ready to fly to Calgary tomorrow.

3 comments:

Brad G said...

Looks relaxing?

Any vegan food trucks out there?
That would be the place to find them!

Any way check my latest food post and you will know the context...

Kana said...

Blogging from the road!! Sounds like you are having a great time with Karen!

KM

Anonymous said...

I hope you have learned how to make the Spanish Latte....I expect an invitation to enjoy some when you get home. O's Mom