I started receiving biweekly junk mail (addressed to my name) from Shaw trying to convince me to switch to their awesome cable/cell phone/internet package. I'm not interested in switching since it isn't really more awesome than what I'm already using, and I'm definitely not interested in continuing to receive junk mail. I call them and ask to be taken off their mailing list. They agree. I get more junk mail. I phone again. They say they can't do it over the phone and that I have to send a fax. They provide a fax number. I'm like, "Wha--?!? Why?" Why is it up to me to spend my time and money to get them to stop wasting paper and bugging me?
I do not send a fax. I begin returning the junk mail with a note asking to be taken off their mailing list. They continue to send me mail. I continue to return the letters. Finally I add a note that says something like, "The longer you disregard my explicit request to be taken off your mailing list and continue to send me junk mail, the less likely it becomes that I will EVER have ANYTHING to do with ANY Shaw product."
And now I'm receiving the same junk mail addressed to Current Occupant.
"Well played, Shaw" you might think. Except the chance of me being their customer has dropped to zero. And them ain't just words. I hold long and deep consumer grudges. Right The Brick?
2 comments:
Ooooh. That is annoying. And now I want to know what the Brick did.
It's a long story that will make you feel mad on my behalf. Will tell you in person some time!
Post a Comment