Wednesday, March 09, 2011

rice pudding and gin

Yep. That's what I had for dinner.

Usually when people ask me what I want to do for a living, I reply "philanthropist!" Just to be funny. Today, that answer would be "wealthy recluse." OMG - I never want to have to deal with the general public again!!! Which is impossible of course, unless someone would like to buy me my own island.

On my island, I'll also be a complete luddite. Which means y'all will have to come and visit me if you want to be in touch. But since my island will be warm and sunny, you'll want to come.

Did you guess that I spent the last two days dealing with a crazy person (I mean that literally, she's a psych patient - and if that doesn't sound very respectful, trust me, she wasn't respectful either) and our IT department? Since I couldn't get any work done on the computer, I might as well spend my time getting yelled at. Right?

If you think I'm just complaining, go check out this article: Librarians 'suffer most stress'

Plus..... I got my passport photo done. Holy rude awakening. Apparently, my best days are behind me and I'm getting old. Scratch that.... I am old.

But in happier news, I walked home from work today and it was lovely. The winter of my discontent may finally be coming to an end!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh honey! You're not old. I'm older than you, and I'm NOT old, therefore you are not old! :-) And passport pictures never tell the truth. Ever!

As for the delights of being in public service ... I've got more gin here if you need it? I hope you never have to see that person again. ugh.

Tracy said...

oh how i miss you. i think i like being old. and i would be one of the first peeps to visit your island. xo

Mama D said...

You are not old, your passport picture is broken.

My response to my friends who are being harassed or treated badly is "Would you like me to beat them up?" I have never had to make good on my question so I'm assuming my offer to do so cheers people up sufficiently.

love you.