This was going to be my March theme song until it got bumped by Disney (sorry, lovely and talented Canadian indie artist....). So many of the lyrics really spoke to me, though overall I can't say that I understand what it's about.
It's a strange year and it appears that I am stuck
So much of the last couple of years has just been keeping things together and getting through each day. Lately I started to feel much less stuck. Decisions have been made about school, months of an insane work schedule came to an end, and my poor brain has healed to the point where I am more or less feeling like myself again.
Frantic city keep me warm this fall, it's been a heavy year
O's move, concussion in August that was such a setback, the Rufus incident, the freakin' weather.... Definitely a heavy year. Have been referring to the last six months as the winter of my discontent.
Bathurst, Spadina, St. George and Bay
This of course make me think of O. I imagine him riding the subway past those stops, transferring to the street car, going about his day 2000 kilometers away.
I predict a graceful expulsion
When I first heard this, I thought she was singing graceful explosion, but expulsion is so much better. Our very slow spring has definitely contributed to my feeling of letting out a long, deep sigh. But I also feel like I'm pushing things out of my life that I don't need to hang onto anymore. Hopefully I can be somewhat graceful about it. I love the way she sings this part because she seems so determined, but also like she wants to be hopeful.
No comments:
Post a Comment