Sunday, January 25, 2015

ten books

Last January, one of my New Year's resolutions was to read more and I came up with ten books that I wanted to enjoy.

Ahem.

I was sadly unsuccessful. I did read 33 books in 2014 (according to Goodreads) but from my list I only managed two: Tombstone Blues and Pipi Longstocking. STILL working on Anna Karenina.

I have a feeling that most of my reading this year will be for school, but here are ten that I'd like to read if time allows:

  1. Anna Karenina. Determined to finish by October, which will be the two year mark.
  2. Saga. Graphic novel that is available in our resource centre. Surely I can manage this one.
  3. Muslin Resistance to the Tsar. I never bothered with this title in Winnipeg because I couldn't find a copy but Western libraries has it so going to make it my "time off between semesters" book. I'm sure it will be light and uplifting.
  4. Too Far Gone. Due Fall 2015!
  5. The Curious Case of the Copper Corpse and...
  6. As Chimney Sweepers Come to Dust. Getting behind on the Flavia de Luce series.
  7. Stone Mattress. I'm a bit hot and cold when it comes to Atwood but have heard lots of good things about this one.
  8. Death and the Penguin. Recommended by Karen.
  9. A Scanner Darkly. For the same reason as last time.
  10. Southern Cross the Dog. Just intrigued by the controversy.

2 comments:

Karen said...

May I also suggest The Orphan Master's Son? I listened on Audible and completely blown away.

Tracy said...

Have you read All the Light We Cannot See? So beautiful. I'll send it to you if you haven't... Next on my list - for book club - The Girl on the Train. (Just finished The Storyteller - which I didn't really like - for the same.) xo