Friday, June 09, 2006

olay olay olay

World Cup started today. Love the 'net. Got play-by-play on the Germany-Costa Rica match thanks to World Cup Blog. Couldn't find anyplace to listen to the game, but that's okay. According to comments posted on the blog, the sites broadcasting the match were so bogged down they weren't working properly. Not a surprise. Heard on the radio this morning that 500 million people worldwide watch each game, and that over the next month, 3 billion people will catch at least one game. Quite the marketing opportunity, I'm sure.

Heading to my mom's at 6:30 to watch the Germany game on replay. Even though I know the outcome, I'm totally pumped.

In non-futbol news, have a busy weekend planned. Watching the Traveller's Day Parade tomorrow morning as my mom will be in it, walking beside the Waves of Hope dragon boat. In the afternoon, I have friends coming into town from the big city. They are apparently picking up a dog, which they will hopefully do before stopping by for a visit. I want to play with the puppy. Cleo won't be thrilled.

Sunday, it's clean, clean, clean. And watch more soccer.

2 comments:

Mama D said...

How was the game? How was the parade? Hope you had fun! Olay!

Tracy said...

since we no longer have cable we have been watching very fuzzy games on one of the local mexican channels! ole!!