7 things I want to do before I die:
- Graduate. First from undergrad (after 6 long years... sigh), then from Library Science.
- Live in one place long enough to watch my garden mature.
- Get out of debt. HA! Ya, right.
- Finally take a trip to L.A. to visit those bugs and swim in their pool.
- Go on a road trip with my brother and his kids. Oh wait... I'm doing that in July.
- Go to Greece and stuff myself silly on their amazing cuisine, while getting drunk on retsina.
- Actually attend World Cup. I've got the fever from afar this year.
- Sing. Okay, I can sing, just not in tune.
- Paint pretty pictures. Walls? I'm brilliant.
- Scale high buildings, or do anything that requires me to be more than 6 feet off the ground.
- Kill insects, even the "bad" ones. It all goes back to the spruce bud worm infestation of '79. How do I deal? Catch and release.
- Weird. I can only think of four things. So I guess number 5 is complete this list.
Well, we aren't actually married. And we met at a party when I mistook him for someone else, so I'm not sure if you could say I was attracted to him. Though he doesn't really look like the other guy. How about 7 things I find attractive?
- The sideburns, baby!
- His good manners.
- The fact that he is a grammar freak.
- Our banter.
- His goofy sense of humour.
- His amazing kisses.
- Pretty much everything else.
- Bye, baby. (Since we live in different cities, I say this to O every night on the phone)
- Cleo-eo-eo-eo-eo (Cat greeting No. 1 when I arrive home each day)
- Mewdles! (Cat greeting No. 2 when I arrive home each day)
- That sucks.
- Hey? (As opposed to "Eh?")
- Howdy! (Standard non-cat greeting)
- Goddamn (with foot stamp)
- Everything by Roddy Doyle.
- We Need to Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver (Be prepared to be horrified.)
- After You'd Gone by Maggie O'Farrell (If you take this as a recommended reading list, this one comes with a warning. You will need at least one box of tissues.)
- Emma by Jane Austin
- Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austin
- Franny & Zoe by J.D. Salinger
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee (Number one fave. Everyone should read it.)
- Ghost Dog: Way of the Samurai
- Down By Law
- The Princess Bride
- Mediterraneo
- Betty Blue
- Breakfast at Tiffany's (despite stoopid Mickey Rooney)
- Amelie
How about...
The Bee
Claw of the Conciliator
Like Mama D, I don't have that many bloggy friends.
Oh, heck. Let's tag The Wood Between the Worlds as well.
4 comments:
Thanks for doing this. I enjoyed reading it. Didn't know O was a grammar freak. :)
Yes, what can I say. I am a grammar freak. I blame it on my parents. My father was a university professor and my mother was a high school English teacher before she got married. They always corrected me whenever I spoke "incorrectly". So now it's just programmed into me. I can't help it.
Further to the post... I was overthinking the "7 things I can't do". Is it that I can't do them? Or that I don't want to? Or that I haven't had a chance to find out yet? But I thought of two more things that I can't do, plus one that I won't do. So...
5. See without my glasses.
6. Speak any languages except English. I have enough French to buy biere at the dep, but that's about it.
7. Drink tequilla. Even if there is no worm in the bottle, all I can think about is the worm.
hope 1.4 doesn't take to long (the one about visiting my bugs...)
ahhh world cup fever. how about the stanley cup? we have competing cup fever over here...xxt
Post a Comment