Friday, July 21, 2006

mid-July update

Lots to tell, but not much time. My baby bro and his kids leave Sunday morning, and I am trying to get in as much time with them as possible. I'm exhausted! All you mamas out there... I'm in awe of you. Don't know how you do it.

Had a good weekend in Winnipeg on the 8th and 9th. Decided to forgo Folk Fest and watch World Cup instead. Highly enjoyable and much cheaper. Spend some of the cash I saved on new used clothes at a consignment shop on Portage called Closet Chick. $29 for jeans, a dress and a shirt. Me happy.

Flew to Calgary on Monday, heavily drugged and good thing I was... the turbulence was horrible. Managed to actually hook up with my brother simply by wandering out of the airport and hoping I was in the right spot. Spent a (mostly) good three days with him, his boys, my dad and my dad's "lady friend" in Airdrie. Survived the Stampede, and have pics to prove I was there.

Had an amazingly easy trip back to Brandon. Me, brother, nephews... 12 hours in a minivan. Only two accidents (of the urinary kind), and not too much fussing from the boys or me. Has been a whirlwind of activity since we got back. Birthday BBQ, trips to Minnedosa Beach, trip to Winnipeg to see the kiddie Fringe play O is doing... Not sure what is on the agenda for tomorrow, but hoping to get some alone-time with my bro. Love the kids, but love him too and feel like we haven't had much of a chance to talk.

Spending Sunday recovering, cleaning the house and sewing. Or not. Who knows what will come up.

Quick hand-me-down update:
1) Have once again got a VCR. From my mom who got it from her cousin. I'm guessing that it is the same vintage as my television, given its bulk and the faux woodgrain box. Matches my decor nicely.
2) Got a hand-me-down digital camera from my beautiful and amazing friend Kana. Thanks so much! *kiss*kiss* Will finally be able to post pictures. But not yet. Need to buy a drive for my hand-me-down laptop first.

2 comments:

Elliot said...

LOL. You gotta love that faux woodgrain...

Mama D said...

Glad you are lovin' July. Yay for used clothes, VCRs and digi cams. Yay for upcoming pictures. I'm a picture junkie.