Thursday, August 03, 2006

doggie to protect me - update

The reason I haven't been posting since things calmed down socially is that I have a new reason to rush home from work every day. Meet Hansel. No, he isn't my dog. I'm fostering him for Funds for Furry Friends, a local no-kill animal rescue.

Hansel is a lovely boy, but it turns out he is useless as a guard dog. He doesn't bark and he wags at every person who walks by. So much for getting a dog to help me cope with the stress of our local crime wave.

No matter.

It's nice having him around. The cats don't seem to mind. I feel like I'm doing something good, and he has a good (temporary) home.

4 comments:

Elliot said...

Awww.... he's so cute!

We've decided that George's guard strategy would be to distract the burglar. We'd come home and find the thief sitting in a chair with George in his lap, patting him, having forgotten about stealing things or running away.

Anonymous said...

Just popping in to say hello. He looks like a cutey but not very scary. I'm glad the kitties get along with him too.

Tracy said...

oh so cute! welcome hansel!

Mama D said...

Very, very cute. He definately has a GREAT home.