Wednesday, January 03, 2007

lack of enthusiasm

So it turns out that I had the winning entry in the Eco Idol contest. Wasn't much of a contest because only 6 people entered. Of the six, I think I had definitely taken the biggest step, though my partner thinks he should have won based on his clearly superior photo. It's the watermelon, in case you couldn't guess.

In other news, Green Drinks Brandon has folded due to lack of interest. Or not interest, perhaps, but attendance.

The common problem that Eco Idol and Green Drinks shared is that while people may say that they think your idea is great and have every intention of participating, that intention didn't turn into action. Same went for the Earth Day celebrations way back in the spring. Attendance was dismal.

You know when the folks that are most interented in environmental stuff don't get involved that you are in trouble. But why aren't they getting involved? I've thought about it a lot and have no answers. Any ideas for improving future participation would be welcomed.

No comments: