Monday, February 05, 2007

knock knock ginger

Current favorite song is Love Renee by Knock Knock Ginger. Also really appreciate that they have provided four of their songs in full, rather than as little teasers. Link and enjoy!

And speaking of enjoyment, my friend Kai suggested on the phone last night (after I told her how crazy my next two months are going to be) that I do one nice thing for myself every week. Have been thinking about this, and I can't come up with anything. Trying to be frugal, so buying treats won't work. A long hot bath sounds delish, except my skin is uber dry as it is and that only makes it worse. Ideas, anyone?

5 comments:

Tracy said...

hmmmmm. light some candles. paint you toenails cherry red. sew something for yourself. drink tea from a fancy cup while reading a magazine you forgot you had... ok. these are all things that make me feel better. will think more on this ;)

Mama D said...

The bath thing could work. Put in some kind of bath oil or lots of epsom salts.

Cook something really delicious for yourself.

Watch your favorite movie.

Sleep in.

Have a pajama day!

Anactoria said...

A tiny bit of baby oil in the bath.

I take a shower every day AND a hot bubble bath nearly every night (I know, I know, a little excessive) in the winter time before bed to relax. My skin got super dry last winter from this and Melissa (lux) recommended baby oil - it works amazingly! Just don't use too much!

this single spark said...

i'll have to try that. Just make sure I clean out the tub afterward so I don't wipe out when I step into the shower!

Anactoria said...

Yeah, that happens to me a lot. :P

You obviously have more common sense then I do to have the foresight to think ahead of such things!