Whew! It’s been ages. Finally done school. And I mean *done* school. Well, for now, anyway. Spent half of March and most of April in front of the computer for hours every night writing my thesis. That’s in, mark has been submitted, and I’m good to graduate on 26 May. Hurray!
As soon as school was out of the way, my life was taken over by the Manitoba Libraries Conference. I sort of volunteered to be the registration coordinator, and while I was finishing school, I sorely neglected my duties. That runs 7-9 May. 3, 07
Then… what? Relax? Mais non! I’m back at the greenhouse for the spring planting season. Have had a couple of shifts there already. It’s so good. I’ve been planning my garden in my head, but actually doing very little to get it going. Being at the greenhouse is inspiring me.
Yesterday, my mom and sis helped me clean the old, dead growth out of my beds. It’s amazing how much stuff is already well up. The lungwort is in bloom. The oregano is mature enough to start eating. Same with the chives, but then they are always early. Marjoram, mint and thyme all are coming. My succulent garden pretty much looks like it does year round… short and sweet. The perennials in the front garden are a bit of a mess. The grasses are very overgrown and there is a ton of weeds. The rose bush is causing me a bit of worry. I think it might have a fungus, but (one of the perks of working at the greenhouse) I have plenty of experts that can tell me how to deal with it. The one upside of not doing this in the fall is that I have a ton of ladybugs in the garden now.
That’s pretty much what I’ve been up to. Haven’t done laundry. Haven’t cleaned the house. Haven’t blogged. I have been keeping up on my blog reading, however. At the height of my school craziness, it was nice to know that life out there just kept going on.
4 comments:
i've missed you. counting the sleeps... (when do you head west??)xo
Leaving on the 27th, back on the 29th. Really quick trip. And then only a month until we get to see each other!
I'm here.
me too!
Post a Comment