Friday, August 15, 2008

What I'm doing on my summer vacation - Calaway Park

Flew to Airdrie yesterday to visit my brother, nephews and dad. After an interesting night attempting to sleep on the futon with an 8-year old who somehow managed to use my arm, stomach and shin as a pillow at various points, we were up bright and early to go to Calaway Park. After an hour and a half in a minivan and five hours in the blazing sun with two brothers being brothers, I actually managed to arrive back in Airfrie feeling semi-cheerful. Do have a headache, but that's because I require shade and lots of cool drinks in the summer, which was in short supply at the amusement park.


Boys have just left for a vacation to Victoria with their mother (boo, hiss) so we'll have a much more low key day tomorrow, and then I'm flying home Sunday. Ready to be going home. Or back to Vancouver!

4 comments:

Kana said...

hiss to the mother too;)

Anonymous said...

ah yes boo hiss.

sounds like you are still having a great time - enjoy being with your bro (did i tell you mind is engaged! whoopee!)

and sorry you aren't heading to vancouver...

oh - and i love the hat!

xo

Tracy said...

oops. i am jumilla 4 :)

Brad G said...

Hope your vacation was great,
please check out my continued quest for tacos.
BW