
Needless to say, we had to have it. And coincidentally, she had a buck, and I had a buck and the record cost two dollars. We agreed to split it, and it did make it's way back and forth between our bedrooms, though I think it spent more time in mine. That Karen's room was across the hall from her parent's and mine was on the other side of the house one floor down, might have had something to do with it. Somehow, I ended up with it, and still treasure it as a memento of our well-spent youth. The Cramps were a turning point for us. That record kicked open the door to all the non-top 40, KX96 music that was to follow. Some of which has aged better than others. Relatively speaking.
Another funny Cramps story... A couple of years ago, my dad was visiting me on 10th Street. While I was at work, he was rifling through my tapes (presumably that's all). When I got home, A Date With Elvis was in the deck. "What's this doing out?" I asked. "It's not what I thought it was," he replied. No, indeed-y.

1 comment:
Lux Interior died?!? That is sooooo tragic! I was just in a script rewrite, and was thinking of having "Bad Music For Bad People" album cover. I reduced it to "punk record" for props' sake, but wah!!! I love that album! That album changed my/our lives!! I'm so bummed. It wasn't even on the big news. Wah. I'm going to go home and put on the Cramps now...
Post a Comment