On Wednesday, O drove me to Urgent Care at Mis because I had a sudden severe headache, nausea, chills, muscle weakness and a stiff neck. 9 hours, a CT scan, blood tests and a spinal tap later, I was diagnosed with viral meningitis. Which is bad but not anywhere near as bad as bacterial meningitis or a ruptured artery in my brain (the other things I was being tested for).
At home feeling somewhat okay as long as I lay flat. Even sitting up a bit makes me feel super queasy and gets my head pounding. Fever is gone, so I'm on the mend, but I think it will take a week or two to feel more or less normal.
yah - I had an MRI as a guinea pig in a research study - you know - back when we were still allowed to make meaningful contributions to healthcare. (hmmm - apparently I'm still bitter)
4 comments:
Oh my gawd!
i got to see my brain scan, though and i thought of you. you had a print out of your brain, i think, that was taken at work?
Oh my god, tthank gooodness you got checked and are okay. Whooooa...
yah - I had an MRI as a guinea pig in a research study - you know - back when we were still allowed to make meaningful contributions to healthcare. (hmmm - apparently I'm still bitter)
Feeling better?
Post a Comment