Tuesday, January 01, 2013

i hereby resolve to....

Looking back at previous years, it is clear that I don't have a great record of success. *sigh* The two main resolutions that keep showing up are fitness and finances. I do okay for a while and then something happens, I falter and then try again the next January.


My 2009 resolution was actually accomplished. When I turned 40 a year and a half later I was in great shape. Very fit, felt fantastic.... and then..... grad school, followed by a midlife crisis, followed by bronchitis, followed by more grad school, followed by meningitis. First on the list...

1. Exercise daily. With no specific goals in terms of losing weight, shrinking a size or anything like that. Just want that fit, fantastic feeling back.

1b. Eat properly. This is really only for the next three months. I usually have a good diet but when I'm on my own I tend to get lazy. No popcorn for dinner.

Finances are okay. Not saving but not going deeper into debt. Just need to maintain the status quo. The monetary problem I've had the last year is my lack of employment. I don't need a job while I have a scholarship but not being able to find a job has been incredibly distracting and caused a great deal of anxiety. So...

2. Quit stressing about lack of work. It isn't helpful and it is taking up brain space that should be used for school.

Which brings me to number three...

3. Buckle down! O. is gone until the beginning of April. How much of my thesis can I get done between now and then?

And finally...

4. Brush Lexi's teeth daily. I was doing this in the fall for about 6 weeks and her breath improved noticeably. Then I went away for three weeks and didn't really get back into it when I returned. It would benefit both of us if I take up this task again. :]

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I think I "cut & paste"ed your resolutions last year too ;) I'll forgo the thesis for home organization and switch out Lexi for Moxi. Happy New Year my friend. Lucky to have you. xoxoxo