Wednesday, January 23, 2013

pros and cons

Five good things about the frigid temperatures:

  1. Yesterday I arrived at my house at the exact same moment as the Jehovah Witnesses. But because I was wearing my burka - er - parka, I was able to walk right past them without them recognizing me.
  2. It's sunny! It's sunny! Hurray!
  3. I like sleeping in socks with lots of heavy blankets.
  4. Coffee tastes even better than usual when I have my hands wrapped around the mug.
  5. Lexi enjoys winter and it is nice to have an enthusiastic companion when I head out doors.


Five bad things about the frigid temperatures:

  1. My poor chapped hands. :[
  2. It is nearly impossible to get out of bed in the morning, what with all those blankets weighing me down.
  3. The wind really does a number on my eyes. And the constant tearing really does a number on my cheeks. Bought facial oil today!
  4. Despite my enthusiastic companion, I don't really want to go outside. But because of her, I have to.
  5. Our heating bill will be through the roof.
Aforementioned enthusiastic companion...

No comments: