Solstice Fantasy
We wake up at 7 a.m. in our old farm house in the country. Omar gets a fire going in the big stone fireplace while I make coffee. We snuggle in front of the fire drinking coffee and watching the sun come up on a crisp winter day. Then we have a big brunch.... eggs, pancakes, hashbrowns and more coffee. Around 4 p.m. we strap on snowshoes and take the dog out for a long walk as the sun sets. Then back to the house, stoke up the fire and enjoy pot pie and red wine. Then early to bed (heh heh). The whole day would be a break from the hectic Christmas season and frankly, day to day life. I love the idea of Solstice. I love winter but I love summer more and I feel like the turning point to spring should be celebrated. Someday maybe this will be how it happens but in the meantime...
Solstice Reality
Up at 6 a.m. Walk the dog by myself in the dark in -28 (-39 with the wind chill) weather. Shovel the driveway by myself in the dark in -28 (-39 with the wind chill) weather. Make coffee, eggs and toast. Spend the morning cleaning the house and getting mentally prepared for 6 hours of working in retail on the last Saturday before Christmas. Work those 6 hours with a smile on my face (it's the most wonderful time of the year, after all). Pick up Christina's dog and car. Scrounge up something to eat. Finish cleaning and then (the highlight of the day!) pick up Danette at the airport. Tick off another day in the countdown to my Christmas break. 3 more to go!
1 comment:
That all sounds great, but I like the part where we go to bed early the best (heh heh).
-O.
Post a Comment