Saturday, March 04, 2006

snow day

It's Saturday night and I'm happily storm stayed in Winnipeg. Arrived in a blizzard three days ago. Skipped class on Wednesday as I wanted to make sure I got in. Barely made it. 4 1/2 hours on the bus (normally a 2 1/2 hour trip) through the craziest weather on the scariest roads. O took me down to the bus depot this evening, and it turns out there is another blizzard on the way. It hasn't started snowing yet but the winds are so high that the TransCanada has already been closed from the Saskatchewan border to Carberry. Lots of grumpy people at the depot. Not me! I took Friday off work, with the arrangement that I would work Sunday to make up for it. But what can I do if I can't get home? Nothing. Just accept the lost day, and kick back in Winnipeg. O is off to see the Skydiggers tonight with his brother and sister-in-law. I'm not a huge fan, so I've rented "A Very Long Engagement" and stocked up on chips. Plan to spend a very cozy evening in front of the television. I'm so rarely parked in front of the tv that this will be a real treat. Not sure what will happen tomorrow, but I'm willing to go with the flow. Also a rare treat. Usually my schedule is so packed with things that have deadlines that if I lose a day, I'm hooped. Oddly, this is not the case at the moment. Next week I'll be back to scrambling, but for now, I'm going to enjoy this mini-break.

Update on the last post. Did not get to the Conservatory. Will definitely be going tomorrow if I can't head home. Fingers crossed!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

oooh i'm envious! movie, chips and SNOW!! hope you got to feel some dirt as well! loveu

Mama D said...

I'm guessing you made it home by now. The chips and movie does sound nice. That seems like a long way off for now. We seem to have to get up early every single day and staying up late would be the only way a movie could work. Oh well. Just for a time, until a new stage begins.