Saturday, June 03, 2006

Green Brandon has moved

I set up a site meter on Green Brandon a couple of weeks ago (thanks to help from Mama D) and found that practically no one was looking at it. Thought about whether I should keep it up, and if so, was Blogger the best place to host it?

Then I discovered that eBrandon is now hosting blogs. So GB has a new home. I don't like the look and useability of the site, but it seems more appropriate for the type of info I'm posting there. We'll see how long I last. I don't think I can deal with too many negative comments! Some of the stuff in the discussion forum is quite nasty. Why can't we all play nice???

My first post there is on Environment Week, which starts tomorrow. My workplace is taking part in the Commuter Challenge, though I personally am not. They have it set up so that you are supposed to take a different form of green transportation each day. No way I'm spending 45 minutes on the bus when it only takes me 12 minutes to walk. In any cse, it's cool that they are doing it.

The high price of gas is sure to get more people participating. I've noticed some very strange changes in Brandon this spring. A lot (and I mean A LOT) more people seem to be riding their bikes. And there are suddenly a bunch of scooters on the road as well as four (count 'em) Smart Cars in town. One of them is totally souped up.

All the scooters whizzing by are making me want two motorized wheels. It will have to remain a dream for now, but I can definitely see one in my future. Maybe an electric scooter. And I don't mean one of these.

3 comments:

Mama D said...

I think the new green brandon home is very nice. I'm a fan of orange as you know from helping me pick out flowers...

I also can't see myself riding the bus. I've been considering a baby seat on my bike and I have been offered a chariot. I would love to get a new bike. Mine pretty much sucks.

I have also noticed the smart cars and scooters. Oh how I would love a scooter! I have also noticed one guy riding one of those two wheelie stand up thingys. Do you know what I mean?

That electric scooter looks COOL!!! I can't see you ever riding one of those other kind! :)

Elliot said...

LOL. When you finish turning into a weird old lady you should totally get a three-wheel scooter with a basket on the front, one that makes a beeping noise when you back up!!

this single spark said...

Ya, well... I'm kinda hoping that I don't complete the transition to crazy old lady for quite some time!