Friday, October 06, 2006

bits and pieces

O and I are heading to Johnson Cabins at Clear Lake for the long weekend. Very much looking forward to getting away, even though I have to do work while I'm there. At least "Geophysics" will be accompanied by glass of wine and a roaring fire.

My new bed (the Organic Eco-Rest) arrived today and hallelujah is all I have to say. It has been a year since I decided I was going to buy one, and more than three months since it was ordered. I'm sure it was worth the wait. Won't get to try it out until Monday, so I've blocked off the cat door to my bedroom and shut the door. Don't want it covered in fur before I even get to lay down on it!

And finally, I learned something new today. Lady bugs, those oh so cute and beneficial insects, overwinter in dry sheltered places, all huddled together. Apparently, though who knows how they know, they snuggle down deeper when the winter is going to a cold one. They do a kind of group hug thing, and the ones in the middle move to the outside once they warm up, so everyone stays nice and cozy. So now you know too.

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

have a lovely lovely lovely time. thinking of you. and feeling thankful...