I know that there is some kind of etiquette in this blogging world, but as I'm new at this, I haven't quite figured it out. So, hope I'm not stepping on any toes here. My dearest friend sent me to this blog after reading my post on March 8th. It is The Worsted Witch's March 9th post that she was pointing me to. Guess I need to get a little perspective. Can't change the world by myself, and getting angry and frustrated by feeling like I need to take on the myriad of injustices out there will only make me a bitter person.
I read (but can not presently find) an article that basically stated that the higher your level of education, the more likely you were to report being depressed or generally unhappy. I think this might be true! To get to the point where I am now has taken nine years... since I worked for Manitoba Conservation and had my eco-eyes opened. It has definitely gotten worse since I've returned to university, and I still have three years to go. I don't want to be ignorant and blissful (that leads to all kinds of other problems) but knowledgeable and powerless is also a bad place to be. Hmmmm. Don't know where I'm going with this.
I think the one big lesson that I took from WW's blog is that I seem to have no sense of humour these days. I need to lighten up. Know any good jokes?
4 comments:
So these two bikers are stopped at a stop light when a nun with her arm in a cast crosses the street.
One of the bikers says "What happened to your arm?"
The nun replies: "Oh, I slipped in the bathtub and broke it."
Later the bikers stop at another light, and one asks the other: "So, what's a bathtub?"
The other replies: "I dunno, I'm no Catholic."
The Worsted Witch quotes Yoda as her moral compass... :-)
Though I guess I shouldn't roll my eyes: http://clawoftheconciliator.blogspot.com/2006/02/cough-medicine-with-codeine-it-is.html
Have you heard about those new corduroy pillows?
They're making headlines.
Head-lines. head-lines.
Get it?
Microsoft Windows!
...oh, you didn't mean that kind of joke. You meant a story with a funny ending.
Hmm. That's an issue. I'm a mathematician; I'll have a thought about that one. An interesting problem to research: how does one make a joke? Hmm.
In the meantime, go read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Don't rent the film; it's pathetically bad, and you won't catch the hidden joke(s) in this pathetically bad comment.
Auf wiedersehn, or however they spell it in this countrz with the kezboards where the z's and y's are switched...
Post a Comment