Monday, March 20, 2006

heavy rotation

Really digging Andy Stochansky - 100 (Canadian Bonus Live CD edition). And I mean really digging it. Listening to it constantly. Check it out.

10 comments:

Elliot said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Elliot said...

Curses!

Emusic only has his Radio Fusebox album!

Is IT worth downloading?

this single spark said...

I have no idea. Heard him on DNTO about a year ago, and had to keep asking O what his name was because it wouldn't stick in my head. O finally bought me 100 in December. Typically, I have not bothered to find out anything about the guy, or listen to anything else by him. Sorry. Not terribly helpful. Since there are two CDs in the set, would be happy to lend you one next time I'm in town. That will be the last weekend in March.

Tracy said...

tell me more... (looking for some new stuff to listen to...)

this single spark said...

More music? Well, not all of this is new, but currently listening to K-OS "Joyful Rebellion", Bloc Party "Silent Alarm", Horror Pops "Hell Ya" (good ol' rockabilly), Gogol Bordello (good ol' gypsy punk?), The Fall "Heads Roll" (acquired taste, according to O) and New Pornographers. Also rediscovering The Clash in a big way, but you don't need to be told about them! Listen to DNTO on Saturday afternoons. That's where I hear about tons of new stuff.

Tracy said...

thanks!

DNTO? i feel i should know this but...??

Tracy said...

ahhh - found it.

oh i miss the cbc!!

xo

this single spark said...

You should be able to listen to it on the net. My friend who just moved to NY still listens to the Wpg morning show. Also, music-wise, two I've been meaning to check out that have been getting lots of attention lately are Stars and Arcade Fire.

Anonymous said...

Well, if we're talking about music...Andy Stochansky was Ani DiFranco's drummer for years, going back to when she and her Righteous Babe label were first gaining widespread prominence in the early/mid nineties. His other albums include Radio Fusebox (mentioned by Elliot), While You Slept, and Five Star Hotel. He gets compared to Jeff Buckley, but I think he has more of an indie-pop sound than Buckley. I believe he is Canadian, but don't quote me on that.

Tracy said...

thanks!

mr.man - u r the man!!

probably shouldn' ask here - but when are you two gonna come visit me????