Thursday, October 19, 2006

headaches

I have a major headache today. A combination of too much screen time (all day at work, all evening doing school stuff, basically for the past two weeks) and the constant drilling and banging happening on the other side of my wall. Have no idea what they are doing, but hope it stops soon. Was cataloguing a book on noise in the workplace yesterday, and there was a picture of someone with their hands over their ears. Caption read, "Noise can cause stress and anxiety." Showed my boss. She laughed. She shares the same wall.

Also finding the Brandon election to be a bit of a headache. And an embarassement. We made national news because it is such a joke. One mayoral candidate has been convicted of fraud, two currently have charges pending (assault for one; assult & break and entry for the other). Of the three remaining, one made a complete ass of herself during the debate last night. Oh ya, and the one with the b&e charge said she'd pray to God for guidance if elected. Normally, I wouldn't concern myself with these antics, but I'm really afraid that the guy convicted of fraud could win. And man, I don't want that to happen. Can't stand the guy. You know that character on the Simpsons who always cries, "But what about the children?" Well, that's basically his approach to everything. I don't think I could stand four years of his hysterics.

Final headache is my Green Brandon blog, which I have decided to shut down. Not just move this time. eBrandon sucks. The guy running it has to preview everything before it goes up, so there is always a big lag time. Half the time you have to email him to remind him. He seldom replies, and the last problem I've been having hasn't been fixed. So in order to keep you all as my friends, please look to the left and note the blue greenie link under the blogs heading. That's where I'm going to be writing enviro stuff. This blog will stay personal. Will make a note on Green Brandon that I've moved.

3 comments:

Elliot said...

Um, maybe she should've asked God about the whole breaking & entering thing, y'know, to find out if it'd be a good idea or not...

Poor headache'd Spark. :-(

this single spark said...

Oh it gets worse... the one who made an ass of herself? Ya... well she did so by vaugly accusing the convict of other shady dealings. She has since apologized, but now he says he has "No choice but to sue" her for slander. I think I'll sue them all for causing the citizens of our small city mental distress.

Mama D said...

Yeah. I have know idea who to vote for. At least I know who to vote for in my ward. Sigh.