Long day. Up at 5:15 a.m. and head didn't hit the pillow until 11:45 p.m. Flights were relatively smooth, whizzed through customs without any hassle ('cause I wasn't traveling with the Khan brothers....), and made my connection with time to spare. Two extra hours, actually, which was fine because I'm reading a great book. Spent the sunset circling around NY waiting to land. Was completely gorgeous. Black sky above, strip of deep red where there was a break in the clouds, grey sky, and then the city.
Arrived in the middle of rush hour so Brad suggested dinner in Jackson Heights before hitting the road. Felt like Delhi (in my untraveled mind) until you heard the young Indian women talking in their New York accents. Then it felt like NY.
![]() |
| Jackson Heights decorated for Eid, Christmas and Deepavali |
![]() |
| Jackson Heights |
![]() |
| Queensboro Bridge |
13 November
Can't escape the grey! Argh! A dull, rainy day. But definitely still fall and not the winter I left behind. Plan to spend it drinking coffee, lounging with Molly and reading. I think we'll be doing some driving around this evening so I can figure out where things are. Like the grocery store. Very important! But generally a low key day.
![]() |
| Sweet Molly |




No comments:
Post a Comment