Sunday, November 11, 2012

yesterday and today

Winnipeg and much of the prairies experienced what I like to call instant winter. The weather channel calls it a Colorado low. Whatever, the result is the same... heaps of snow in a pretty short period of time. Twenty heavy, wet centimeters so far and it is still coming down. Lexi loves it. I love it too, actually, though it feels a bit early for this sort of thing.

Hoping it doesn't put a spanner in my travel plans because I have +17 and partly sunny waiting for me. New York, here I come! Maybe.


The wind in your face during last week's blizzard. The awful sting of the cold, and you out there in the empty streets wondering what possessed you to leave the house is such a pounding storm, and yet, even as you struggled to keep your balance, there was the exhilaration of that wind, the joy of seeing the familiar streets turned into a blur of white, whirling snow.
Paul Auster, Winter Journal

No comments: