Hot on the heels of Mama D, I have started a second blog. Check out Green Brandon and let me know what you think. Any suggestions for the look or organization of the page, content, links, Brandon events, etc would be appreciated.
I decided to start this because I've been trying very unsuccessfully to get a Brandon link on the Green Drinks website. The owner of the site said to email him once we got started (which happened way back in November) and he would set us up with a page. I've emailed him four times now, and had no reply. Hate that. So, I've given up. No need to bother the guy any further, or make myself feel any more miffed.
In other news, still recovering from too much work. Still working too much! Should be finishing up the project for my prof within a couple of weeks. Then I can start thinking about my sociology thesis. I have two topics in mind, but am not sure where to go with either of them. Again, any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
First potential thesis topic:
Something about the culture of breast cancer. The whole pink thing, the activism, the dragon boating, the marches, the fundraising. But also about the girly-ness of it. The pink teddy bears, shoe laces, costumes, etc.
Second potential thesis topic:
This one was suggested by a friend. Something about my demographic... the over 30, never married women. The happily not married. Who they are, their educational attainment, financial status, etc. Also, why they are. And possibly why they all have cats (ha!ha!)
4 comments:
like the thesis topics. i have often wondered why i seem to be the only one of my close friends who is married with kids. (ok i can think of one friend who is in the same boat as me - and i mean boat in a positive sense... you know what i mean!)
missing you...
oh - and david has been talking about global dimming - on nova last night. do you know about this my green friend??
I saw the Nova program advertised, but I didn't get to watch it. I don't really get what global dimming is. Guess I should find out more!
My guess is that it means people are getting dimmer and dimmer...
Though I guess technically I'm not allowed to say such things, since I'm not a "Bright."
Remember the "Brights?"
Post a Comment