Tuesday, November 27, 2012

new york diary - day 16

An absolutely do-nothing day. Drove Deb to the train station first thing this morning. Watched the snow falling. Walked with Molly. Ordered pizza for delivery and got called 'sir' on the phone. Surfed for info on yarn from angora goats. And then got sidetracked looking at pictures of baby angora goats, which then turned into looking at pictures of angora rabbits. Read Middlemarch. Talked to my mom. Zoned out. Needed to coccoon after yesterday in the city.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I visited New York in 1984. My mom's cousin would go into the city for store items, and took us along. Remember it's '84. New York still looked gritty, crime started to come down, and 42nd Street still had its porn theatres. My uncle wanted to show us 'life' and we got it.

I remember feeling 'closed in'. The tall buildings seem to block out the sky, and we are used to space. I still want to go back though. F

this single spark said...

I could easily live in Peekskill and work in the city but I would hate being in NYC all the time. And it is that closed in feeling that would get to me. Feels super clausterphobic.

But it is such an interesting and diverse place. Definitely worth visiting.

Anonymous said...

Grin