Thursday, April 13, 2006

distortion

Reality distortion:
Exams are over. The days of drinking all night to celebrate are long past (or, well, never existed). Instead I borrowed movies from the library. I thought that some mindless media might help turn my brain off. Stayed up until 11pm (whoa) watching Being John Malkovich. I've seen it before, but it struck me as particularly surreal this time. Went to bed with my head spinning and had weird dreams all night. Seriously out of it today. Everything seems to have happened so fast... school, the winter, finals... It is going to a while to adjust to having free time.

Portion distortion:
The other big celebratory act last night was buying a Slurpee. Went to Sev for cream because I knew I'd be needing coffee this morning, and noticed that they have small cups again! This is so great. I hate super sized everything. I don't want a litre of pop, I just want a treat. A litre leaves me wired, makes my stomach upset and coats my teeth so they feel squeaky. A 350ml Slurpee is just right. Super sizing or "value pricing" always makes me feel ripped off. Only 13 cents for twice as much? But I don't want twice as much, so I get the small and feel shafted. Everyone else is getting a deal, but not me. At least I can feel smug in the fact that I'm not getting all the extra calories.

Being the geeky concerned citizen that I am, I phoned 7-Eleven this afternoon to tell them how happy I was. Ironically, this will likely mean that I drink MORE Slurpees.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

ooh have one for me - lime please!

Mama D said...

That was like, the one thing I craved during my pregnancy. Small pepsi slurpees! mmmm

Elliot said...

Hey dude, there ain't nothin' geeky about being a concerned citizen! :-)