Thursday, May 11, 2006

latest musical obsession

I got turned onto the Elliott Smith tribute on the Boston University radio station by Tracy and have been listening to it constantly since. I have yet to hear Tracy's niece, but I have gotten hooked on Emma Cunningham's performace of Waltz#2(xo).

I loved it so much that I emailed her and asked how I could get a copy of it. She emailed back a lovely note and pointed me to her personal page where that song and a couple of others can be downloaded. Maybe I'm delusional, maybe it's not as amazing as I think, but I love this song. I mean, I love the song period, but I really love her version. She delivers it with heartbroken bravado. I feel what she feels. It's beautiful.

I also love her voice. If I could sing (and any of you who have been stuck in a car with me know that I cannot), I would like to sound like her. Since I lack such a clear, mellow voice, I'll just have to turn her recording up loud enough to drown myself out.

3 comments:

Mama D said...

Now you make me curious about this voice of yours. Maybe we can sing while we plan my flower garden!?

Elliot said...

Downloaded it - I like it!

Tracy said...

i'll have to check it out.. haven't even had time to listen to morgan yet - urgh! i'll sing with you in a car anytime babe!! xo